Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vortex

Default MILA locks

wrote in message
ups.com...
Vortex wrote:
Hi There,

My daughter managed to lose a house key today, so I need to change the
front
door lock as a precaution.

The door itself is a UPVC job with a "MILA" branded lock.

I've only ever seen old fashioned Legge/Yale type locks in the Sheds so I
guess first stop needs to be a reputable locksmith.

Is this an easy job (I guess it must be)?

Any advance warnings appreciated. Pix he

www.hernibles.com/lock

David

Eurolock barrels are easy to replace. The only gotcha is they come in
differing lengths at each end, so you need to measure the 2 lengths
either side of the middle bit before setting off. Also there are 2
different ways of describing the lengths, and they use the same
phraseology, so again you need to check what youre getting by
measuring. Once youve got the right one its a 2 minute job.

A 6 pin antidrill version, £17 instead of £6, reduces some house
insurance policy premiums, and may be required to comply and thus keep
valid some policies.

NT

+++++++

Thanks,

Well I extracted the lock and have taken a couple of pix to show the
locksmith.

http://home.btconnect.com/vortex/lock/ (BTW This JAlbum software I recently
discovered is fantastic)

I agree I will get a "premium" antidrill barrel. Am in the process of
renewing home insurance with a new company (getting quotes at the minute) as
I think I am being shafted by Zurich.

David