Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default to felt or not?

Keith Williams wrote:
In article ,
says...
jonfechner wrote:
Hi, my next job is to put hardi lap siding over painted ti-11
plywood siding. Existing siding is soild and in good shape. Their
is no vapor barrior on the house now. Should I felt over the
existing siding?

I would suggest a house wrap. You don't want that felt to
become a vapor barrier when you don't have a proper one on the
inside.

What about an uninsulated attached garage? I have to replace the
clapboard siding this summer. It has nothing under the siding now
(the house is wrapped).

I have not really done that, but I think I would use neither unless you
lived in a very windy area. I would guess that either could be used.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit