Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

Default to felt or not?

"jonfechner" wrote in message
news:489696a2dc9730bdf0a91a014b4309f7@homerepairli ve.com...
Hi, my next job is to put hardi lap siding over painted ti-11 plywood
siding. Existing siding is soild and in good shape. Their is no vapor
barrior on the house now. Should I felt over the existing siding?

I would use house wrap because it will let water vapor out but not let water
in. Suffering from OCD I would also spend the time to overlap and tape it
per the recommendations. Before I put it up I would make sure I caulked
every nook and cranny with the highest quality caulk I could afford. Then I
would caulk the hardie per recommendations. Don't forget the flashing on
the butt joints.

Suffer once and get paid back for years.

Colbyt