Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Default Chipper/Shredder Recommendation

Mac Cool wrote:

I could use a good chipper/shredder. Anyone have a recommendation from
personal experience? or a good review source?

You gave no indication of the size machine you are thinking of. But if
perchance you need a "little one" for garden type stuff and autumn
leaves, DON'T get this one from Harbor Freight:

http://tinyurl.com/f2dty

I bought one for "around the home garden stuff" and found it was near
useless, I could have chewed the stuff up by mouth faster.

That was one of the few times I was thouroughly displeased with a Harbor
Freight item. I tried it a couple of times, then gave it to Goodwill and
took a charitable tax deduction for half what I paid for it.

When I did take down a few 3" to 8" trees last year and needed to get
rid of the brush I rented a chipper for a day.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)