Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Indirect Pandora Heatbank and Man Micromat/Boiler compatability

On Mon, 22 May 2006 09:11:47 +0100, wrote
(in article .com):

Thanks Andy. I want to keep things as simple as possible especially
for the wiring side (for me and the plumber) so if possible I want to
avoid the use of additional relays etc so my latest considerations a

AIUI

HS boiler - 1 flow/return for DHW and 1 flow/return for heating.

Internal diverter to direct flow - this should be pre wired.

Heatbank fitted with 2 cylinder stats. I need to check with DPS on
wiring compatability but from the looks of it this can be wired back
onto the mains rail of the boiler itself?

No I don't think so. The thermostat connection on the mains rail is for the
room thermostat.

The DHW thermostat connects to the low voltage rail instead of the cylinder
temperature sensor. Try asking DPS if they can supply a thermostat with
volt-free contacts. If they can, then you don't have a problem.

Heating controlled by outside weather compensation and RE2132 room
unit?

yes you can do that

Are the 2 stats on the cylinder and and heating controls sufficient to
be classed as the boiler interlocks?

Certainly.

From an inexperienced viewpoint this seems to cater for my needs but am

not sure if am missing something?