Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman

Default Chipper/Shredder Recommendation

On Mon, 22 May 2006 11:54:03 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Mac Cool wrote:
I could use a good chipper/shredder. Anyone have a recommendation from
personal experience? or a good review source?

I'll give you a recommendation of one to avoid: the Sears/MTD model with a
plastic input chute for the chipper. Doesn't take long for the plastic to tear
out around the bolts that hold it to the metal body of the machine.

Hard to believe an engineer designed a plastic chute! I know the part
that connects the chute to the chipper/shredder body needs to be extra
tough--it's that point that gets a lot of stress and the best part
will be a cast (maybe iron) part. It's a waste of money/time to buy a
flimsy machine.