Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Default Ping: William B. Noble (sorry for OT)

Well Jess, we all have to get with the program eventually. I kept my
dial telephones because I could "please hold" and a human would answer.
Not anymore.
Wally had to give up his sleeve bearing Dunlap lathe, Leo L. his broken
tool rest and questionable VS outfit and altho George reveals his kinder
gentler side with his love of 'ole Blue', he turns on a Nova 3000.

Since I've gone completely OT, I may as well ask you computer whizzes.
Packrat that I am, I have kept several Vic 20's and Commodore 64's and
boxes of basic tapes & players, manuals, games, modulaters, cables, etc.
which Lori says have to go (altho I notice she's keeping her dolls). Is
it too soon for these early day personal computers to have any historic
value or should I risk being served cold suppers and hang on to them?
How bout my big Holly carburators and AM ham rigs? Next week I'll ask
about my British Seagull motors and Wentworth tools. The world has
passed me by.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter