Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robin S.

Default RCM wiki database

"Ignoramus18798" wrote in message

One wiki is wiki.algebra.com and another is a financial planning wiki
for misc.invest.financial-plan newsgroup.

So... If a few people say so, I will create one so that we can create
a "collective body of knowledge". Should be 1 day to me.

Forgot to add, this wiki will probably be published under GNU Free
Documentation License (GFDL).

http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

If so, I will post a nightly snapshot of the database so that it can
be reproduced elsewhere in case if, say, I should die.

In other words, the data would not be proprietary.

Iggy,

Thanks for the offer. It sounds like one way or the other we can get
something started. Dave's idea about using Wikipedia sounds very lucrative
(see my other post). Do you have any thoughts on the hosting side of things?
Donated server space sounds like a hassle and inconvenience for those who
are donating.

Regards,

Robin