Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Indirect Pandora Heatbank and Man Micromat/Boiler compatability

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
I have looked at the glow worm and it is considerably cheaper and out
of what is available seems to be a reasonable product. If I can't get
suitable answers from DPS and Eco Hometec regarding the Man and the
Pandora then I may yet go down this route.

Also, consider the Worcester Bosch Greenstar with additional diverter
valve
(assuming they still make it in the new range). This allows separate
temperature settings for DHW and CH.

I tried to get info from W-B on this and I'm sure they said you can't have
two temps.

Technically, the DHW is (or was in the
previous version) limited to 75C and the CH is limited to 85C, but we
couldn't see a reason why you couldn't swap the circuits, although a relay
might be required to get DHW priority instead of CH priority.

This way, the boiler can produce 82-85C for the Pandora and drop to 60C
for
the CH, which is safer and more efficient.

I have the WB and the Pandora, but didn't specify the diverter, which I
probably regret now, as I have to run the rads too hot.

Buy a Danfoss BEM 5000, that will do they job for you. I saw one on ebay
that went for £22 brand new plus £5 postage. ~£200 worth of compensator for
buttons. Most don't understand them and can't see what they can get from
them, thinking a modulating boiler is the answer. Modulating on a setpoint
boiler temp is not the same load compensation compensation.

The Savastat does load compensation control of a boiler by switching in and
and out the burner. It is not that cheap and I would go for the Danfoss BEM
5000 as a weather compensator has feed forward control. Both have
anti-cycle control.