Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Chipper/Shredder Recommendation

Bought mine at sears MTD looks like toro 7.5 HP. HARD TO GET PARTS but
reasonable price 700 bucks looks like toro made by same company. Wore
out blade after chipping 50 30 gallon trash cans of trees sears ended
up giving me a brand new machine when they couldnt get parts, blade
wasnt available

Anyhow its one of those tools I ALWAYS wanted but regret buying and
have thhought of selling it.

troubles.....

unreal noisey, need ear plugs, realtively slow faster to put brush and
leaves in trash cans for garbage men, way dirty, from dust ICKY!

have to watch for branches with knots, they get stuck and its lots of
work removing them, machine large so it takes LOTS of storage space,
and finally people want to borrow it then they dont follow simple
instructions and get it jammed. nice hopper that leaves get stuck in. I
suspect its been designed to be idiot proof safe, but doesnt work well.

anyhow think long and hard before buying.

if your around pittsburgh i might just sell it, this one only has a
couple hours of run time on it.