Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Bruder

Default Electricitous Mouse Trap

In article ,
ED wrote:

On Sun, 21 May 2006 16:09:56 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

My version of the "perfect mouse trap"

1 electric fence charger
1 5 gal plastic bucket
strip of sheet metal 2"x24" or so
2 lengths 12 ga of wire with alligator clips on the ends
small piece hardware cloth 3"x4" or so for holding bait use peanut
butter
some pop rivets to attach tin to bucket machine screws would also work
lenght of wood lathe

Cut a length of tin long enough to stretch across bucket top.
fasten to the bucket top with rivets on both ends. This is the base,
it will be where the gound connection to charger attaches.

At 90 deg attach 12" length of tin.fasten hardware cloth square on
the free end. This is bent in a question mark shape over the ground
strip. Positive attaches to bait strip, postiion bait square a couple
of inches above ground strip, smear bait square with peanut butter
Hook up wires. and energize

Set lathe so mice can climb up to the ground strip. When mice reach
up to eat bait-- zappo--- then they fall down into bottom of bucket
with several inches of water in bottom.. Use ice fishing ladle to
scoop out floaters, check this once a week or so, floaters left in
warm weather decompose after a week or so ---mouse soup
nasty stuff if water dries up. add clorox if hanta virus is a concern.

Combine with one of my "Bug Bucket" fly traps (Directions can be found
at http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/Horses/FlyTrap/index.html ) and leave
the dead ones in there as bait...

Talk about killing two birds with one stone...

ever knowing it arrived. Sorry... http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd for more info