Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Year 6 Ryobi weed trimmer report

On Sun, 21 May 2006 09:17:09 -0700, (daniel
peterman) wrote:

I just bought a 2 stroke weed trimmer a week ago. All the usual outlets
have mass quantities of them. Neighbor kid just bought a 2 stroke MX
bike for the season.
Other neighbor bought a pair of personal watercraft with monster Rotax 2
strokes in them.
All in San Diego. I think we are still part of CA.

"only direct fuel injection two-cycle engines and engines that meet
EPA's 2006 standards or the California Air Resources Board's 2001
standards will be permitted."

"Cannot be sold in California."

"Not for sale in California."

Etc etc etc

If it uses premix..I understand its a no no as its unlikely to meet
Californias 2001 emmsions standards.
And many lakes have forbidden all 2 cycle outboards or inboards of
any type.

http://ag.ca.gov/newsalerts/release.php?id=487

http://www.mhi.co.jp/tech/pdf/e383/p151.pdf

Gunner

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33