Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wanted - narrow uplighters for my kitchen

Mighty Magpie wrote:
Hello, I want to obtain two uplighters for my kitchen. I would like to get
some which resemble half a cup, stuck on the wall but it seem that the ones
which are generally available, are all too wide. I would prefer them to be
about 180mm to 210mm long (7 or 8 inches)

Can someone please recommend a place to look?

TIA

half cup uplighters give a light source much too close to the wall. The
result is the plasterwork looks bad and there is glare from the wall.

The usual wall spotlights on short stalks make quite good uplighters,
their only treal limitation being that the small size permits a max of
about 7w cfls. So, use 2. Standard R80 spots are about 3.5" wide.

NT