Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default Shingle starter strip question.

wrote:
I am about to shingle a shed I just put up and I have a question about
the starter strip. I am using Timerline Ultra 30 shingles and I have
read that I should create a starter strip by cutting the tabs off the
shingle. I don't really see a tab it just has a raised part to give it
an architectural look. Do I need a starter strip? Also, if I need to
create a starter strip where should I nail, just below the tar strip ?

Starter strips are mandatory for a couple of reasons. Instead of
cutting up and throwing away parts of shingles to make starter strips,
buy a starter strip roll. There about 30' long and it's a lot faster
and cheaper. Your local roofing supply or good building supply house
will have the rolls.