Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Default Ping: William B. Noble

Hi Jesse,

I'll butt in til Bill reports. First off, I'm surprised to hear that
synchronous household alarm clocks are becoming rare. I thought they'd
be easy to find in thrift shops. I don't think there are any dc analog
clocks extant, but I may be wrong.

Henry Warren in Ashland, Mass. (my wife's hometown) invented the Warren
Telechron, an analog clock mechanism that depended on 60 cps house
current. The Telechron Co. made zillions of 110 V. alarm clocks.

I think the Co. was bought out by G.E. and they may not make Telechron
alarm clocks anymore, although they do make timers, etc. at the old
factory at the end of Central Street where this Southern Redneck did
some tricky but highly successful (for him) courting a long time ago.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter