Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Indirect Pandora Heatbank and Man Micromat/Boiler compatability

Thanks again Andy, the situation does seem a little clearer to me - it
is only that involving an external party (installer) in my installation
means additional complications especially as the boiler isn't an "off
the shelf" product it seems to be easier for him to say it can't be
done etc as opposed to looking into things in a bit more detail.
Perhaps I should be finding someone who is a little more flexible...

Apologies for continually rehashing my questioning but you seem to have
the practical input that neither DPS nor Eco's could feed back to me,
you don't do callouts do you !?

If I go for H series boiler and no additonal zone valves on the
heatbank I will still need some form of diverter (either from Eco's or
an off the shelf diverter?) presumably so the flow can be directed
appropriately? The wiring for this seems straighforward and goes
directly into the mains rail of the boiler?

I can specify a Heatbank without any additional zone valves ie the only
additional items on the cylinder are a circulating pump / flow switch /
backup immersion element (DHW controls) and thermostats (only item
affecting boiler behaviour). The suggested wiring diagram for this
setup appears relatively strightforward however it still outputs a
single swiched live to the boiler, however, I don't see that this is
any dfferent to standard cylinder installation and akin to the type 2
installation schematic on the MHS technical manual? The Eco manual is a
little lacking here and they describe the equivalent as the wiring for
the room stat however whether it's room stat or cylinder stat the
boiler should know that it is being called upon and fire up and then
the diverter should take care of diverting the flow appropriately?

AIUI the heating side would then just be a case of wiring in the low
voltage outside weather compensator and RE2132 onto the low voltage
rail?

Thanks again in advance
Robin