Marcos Scriven

Default Attaching a heavy digital piano to a wall

Hi

This might be a slight odd query, but here goes...

I have a digital piano - it's 140cm long and 35cm deep, and requires a
further 5cm clearance at the back for power cables and so forth. I
estimate its weight to be between 30-40kg (it's a Roland RD800 with
weighted keys in case you're wondering!)

I have a stage stand, but I decided in my not so great wisdom it would
look nicer attched to the wall - that way it would give me more floor
space, and allow me to fit my legs under more easily.

The solution I have at the moment is three angle brackets about 70cm
from the floor, one at each end, and one in the middle . Each bracket
is 30cm along the wall, and 40cm sticking out. They are each attached
by 3 screws (two right by right-angle, and one at the bottom) of 7cm
length with 8mm drill holes+wall plugs. When I drilled the holes,
there was about 1-2 cm of plaster, and then the rest was red-brick.

Now I've described my solution, the problem is:

The angle brackets seem very secure at the wall, and there dooesn't
seem to be a problem supporting the weight. However, the brackets
themselves bend a bit, especially when playing loud cords. I've
thought about attaching legs to the ends of the brackets, but I'd
prefer to avoid that.

My question is - can you suggest a better solution that a very amateur
DIY enthusiast can do? I have available a solid brick wall - is there
an easy way to drive in some strong metal supports? It's really
important that the keyboard feels solid when I play, so for now I've
just put the stand back.

Any ideas welcomed.

Thanks

Marcos