Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Vice is a Sin, Vise is what you use to hold stuff Old Vice, need a hand

On Fri, 19 May 2006 13:25:55 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but "Steve B"
wrote on Wed, 17 May 2006 15:12:05 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

pyotr filipivich

He DID come to the right place, though. Vice or vise, we have lots of hands
on experience. (no pun intended)

I think this is a problem we must come to grips with. (Warning, I work
twelve hour shifts and the next one starts too soon. I'm starting to
channel Peter Sellers and Grouch Marx. Not a good sign.)

BTW, if you ever need any vise grips on ebay, you can get killer deals on
"vice grips" listed by the clueless, and not found in regular keyword
searches. I finished out my forty odd collection of vise grips at very
reasonable prices with "vice" grips.

Ah-hem. I have it on good authority, that the small vise grips, do
work well, in pairs, for vice. There are, however, some things I wish I
didn't know.

Im told..told mind you...mear hearsay..that the spring type clothes
pins are safer and dont rattle in you pocket on the way to a date.

And they work just as well as vise grips.

I'm sure they do ...

Gunner

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33