Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Painting the outside of a house

Stuart Noble wrote:

IME everyone has their threshold for heights. After 30 odd years I
still **** myself when I'm higher than I've been before, but then I
come down a rung and feel as right as rain. All in the mind.
Bear in mind also that there are really 3 thresholds. How high can I
go, how high can I go and use one hand, and how high can I go and use
both hands. Having your nose pressed against something doesn't mean
you can paint it.

Reminds me of some bloke on a paint job and he was 15ft up with me holding
the ladder...he froze and shouted...I'm stuck he shouted...what do you mean
your stuck...I'm f'cking stuck you silly b'stard...in the end I had to call
the fire brigade out. :-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite