Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Painting the outside of a house

wrote:
I am looking to paint the outside of my 1960's semi detached two story
(ground and first floors) house, including the suffits under the
gutters. Problem is I don't like heights, tried a set of he
neighbours ladders and the wobbled so much I got about 6 steps up
before freezing in fear (the steps just appeared to bounce too much)
could these have been cheap steps? I did not used to have a problem
with heights, and don't remember steps wobbling so much.

Are the any extendable tools which I can use like an extendable paint
pole to not only allow me to paint the walls, but sand down the
soffits and paint them as well as clean the walls prior to painting?

Alternatively what are the views of scaffolding? I.e. ease of use,
and cost (I mean to buy not rent) ?

Thanks

You need the requirement of a cherry picker,hired at an 80GBP a day by
me,what price by you I don't know?

Or its just a case of you being uneasy at heights over 12' :-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite