Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French

Default hanging pictures on brick wall

In message .com,
writes
Apologies if this is a dumb question.

I recently moved to a 1930's house. I am trying to hang some pictures
on the walls and got a picture hanging kit from a diy store. On trying
to bang the hook nails into the wall they get so far then buckle. My
guess is that I am going through plaster and then hitting brick which
is too hard to accept the nail.

How best to hang pictures on this kind of wall? Use special masonry
nails to penetrate the brick, or drill and screw with rawl plugs? Or
some other method?

Yopu can get 'Hard wall hooks'

Little circular plastic things with a hook, with 3 short thin pins. I've
used these successfully on hard walls.

Some on this page:

http://www.picturehanging.com/general-hanging.shtml

Otherwise I'd go the drill and plug route
--
Chris French