Posted to alt.home.repair
aurgathor

Default Is tinted primer + one coat of paint enough for repainting walls?

wrote in message
ups.com...

My plan is to use primer tinted close to my topcoat, and follow that
with only one coat of paint. The paint stores near my house charge an
arm and a leg for paint and I'm on a tight budget, so I'm hoping this
is doable.

My question is: Can I get away with using high-quality tinted primer
plus just one coat of paint?

For a light color, you don't need a tinted primer. Use white primer.
That will allow you to see areas you didn't cover, or didn't cover well,
which would be much more difficult with a tinted primer.

One coat may be enough, butr if not, just put on a thin 2nd coat.