Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andy Asberry

Default mini diesel engines

On Thu, 18 May 2006 19:01:55 GMT, Ignoramus1473
wrote:

On Thu, 18 May 2006 13:31:15 -0500, Andy Asberry wrote:
On Thu, 18 May 2006 03:11:11 GMT, Ignoramus10275
wrote:

No, it was a "like new" generator. (the muffler looked almost new) I
bought it from the military, who, as I realized, wrote it off because
it was junk. It worked -- but would not start in cold weather and was
loud.

I have one, a 6.7hp I believe. I haven't tried to get it running yet.
It came with an air compressor. The muffler is ceramic coated, so will
look new forever.

There was even very little soot on it. The whole generator was very
shiny and new looking.

Is your engine manual start or electric start? Mine was very
difficult to start.

Manual.

--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--