Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand

Default Vice is a Sin, Vise is what you use to hold stuff Old Vice, need a hand

On 19 May 2006 08:54:52 -0700, "rigger" wrote:

This is another USA / UK language gulf thing ! Vice with a 'C' is both
a bit naughty AND gripping in the UK where afterall the language
developed before being exported to the colonies.

Yes, but if you'd done a better job of it, considering all the time you
had, we wouldn't have had to make all these corrections.

dennis
in nca

We did a perfectly good (if idiosyncratic) job of it. It's just that Dr Noah
Wester couldn't cope with the Queen's English G

Mark Rand
RTFM