Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mweb

Default mini diesel engines

Hello, Larry!
You wrote on Fri, 19 May 2006 05:22:24 -0700:

LJ Question for those outside the USA: How is diesel priced compared to
LJ the various grades of gasolines? Until last year, when diesel prices
LJ skyrocketed into the same league as gas, it was about half the price.
LJ Now it's higher than regular gas.

I drive the latest 320d BMW and when you get 1100km on a 65 liter tank @
140kmh, the price of diesel is half that of petrol. Here in South Africa
they cost the same apprx. $1 / liter. The petrol BMW will do say 600 - 700
km on 65 liters at 140kmh.

So - diesel is king especially with super sophisticated BMW, Mercedes, Audi
and VW engines. With 300 Nm torque from a 2 liter motor, even American V8's
are eaten for breakfast - I know, I have a 350 Chevy powered Cobra as well.
Wish that was diesel!!!!

With best regards, mweb. E-mail: