Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones

Default mini diesel engines

Larry Jaques wrote:

Question for those outside the USA: How is diesel priced compared to
the various grades of gasolines? Until last year, when diesel prices
skyrocketed into the same league as gas, it was about half the price.
Now it's higher than regular gas.

I filled up yesterday ( 1990 VW Jetta diesel ) Gas (regular) was at
$1.003/liter, diesel was 89.9 cents. The price of gas tends to fluctuate
rapidly, diesel not as fast, asnd diesel lags a fair bit behind gas
price changes. A couple months back gas spiked up, the diesel price
followed about a week after. When the price of gas dropped way back
down, it took a few weeks for the diesel to drop back below gas.

I'm in northeast Alberta. At least it's the northeast of the part with
people in it. Oilpatch area, probably a heavier usage of diesel per
capita than most areas, but diesel cars are really common.

Cheers
Trevor Jones