FixerDave

Default How do Cdns buy from HF? was "Nice HF 2" three jaw chuck"

"Michael Gray" wrote in message
Ok guys, so how DO you get stuff from HF without paying

the ridiculous
charges for Customs brokerage to UPS?
Do you have friends in the US who accept then send on by

USPS?
An enquiring mind would love to know, as I'm looking at

this chuck.
Mike in northcentral BC

On 16 Nov 2003 19:33:16 -0800,

(brownnsharp) wrote:
( Doug Goncz ) wrote in message

The HF two inch three jaw lathe chuck is threaded

M12x1 (fits my Unimat One

I gave up and stick with Canadian suppliers whenever
possible.
In order of my liking:
www.busybeetools.com
www.KMStools.com
www.houseoftools.com
www.princessauto.com
even www.leevalleytools.com once in a while (good books
anyway)

Either that, or I beg the US store to ship USPS. At least
Canada Post only charges $5... + tax. It's amazing what a
pitiful email can accomplish with smaller companies The
only other option is to buy sooo much that the brokerage
fees are insignificant. If you do that - CLEARLY state: NO
Backorders! You don't want to get burned by fees twice.

But yeah, it really sucks when you want one small part that
looks really great, that only costs $15, and you can't get
anywhere else... I stopped looking at the HF website a
while back... it's just too depressing.

Maybe what we really need is a reverse E-Bay auction: "How
much will you charge me to drive to HF, buy the damn thing,
and ship it to me USPS?" Hmmm, you know, I bet that
would work... Some enterprising person living next door to
HF (and maybe close to a postal station might be able to
set up a tidy little low-volume business. Receive an email,
post an E-bay sale-type auction (to get all that Paypal
protection stuff), and wait for the person to do the bid
before going to the store and getting the product. For what
HF would charge for sending by UPS, I expect someone could
make a profit sending it by USPS, at least for the small
stuff...

David...