Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Byrns

Default mini diesel engines

On Thu, 18 May 2006 07:43:03 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

I've been bugging the local tiny diesel engine dealers in the area, and
the stupid ****ers never call back, or answer the phone. I don't get why
it's so hard to try to buy stuff from non-internet based companies.

Maybe it's you- I work at a ag distributor and get pestered about the
small diesels our equipment uses. I just don't have the time to do the
customers homework- dimensions, power, fuel consumption, only to have
them hang up when they find out how much the engine costs. I can't
engage in a dead-end phone call for 15 minutes when guys with money
are standing at the counter.
If you want to be taken seriously, get off your ass and leave the
phone on the hook. Go to the engine dealer with a clear idea of what
you need and understand it'll cost a lot more than a Harbor Freight
Briggs reject.

-Carl