Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk

Default Made a first weld with PCTI three phase firing controller (photo)

On Thu, 18 May 2006 14:02:55 GMT, Ignoramus1473
wrote:

On Thu, 18 May 2006 00:08:58 -0500, Don Foreman wrote:
On Wed, 17 May 2006 20:52:57 GMT, Ignoramus10275
wrote:

The approach of a person who only cares about making as much money as
possible, in my situation, is to never touch any tools (including
welders), hire handymen to do everything, buy only brand new stuff,
and work with computers all the time and never go into my garage
except to get in and out of my truck. But I cannot do that, life would
be too boring.

Absolutely! And therein lies the value of learning skills like
machining and welding if you already have a good "day job".
They enable us to do what we want, whether or not anyone else thinks
our projects make any sense. They don't have to make sense to
anyone else.

Yes. That's right.

The journey to the destination is more stimulating than the
destination...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b