Posted to alt.home.repair
Brigitte

Default Help with old snapper riding mower...

"Brigitte" wrote in message
Hi all,
Last year I was given an older snapper riding mower. I can't find the

model
or serial numbers.

The engine starts up, runs about 2 seconds and dies. It won't usually

start
again until it's sat for about 15 minutes, but when I get it started

again,
it does the same thing. It turns over like it's going to start, but no
luck.

It has fresh gas and the oil level is fine. This is very frustrating, cuz
for a few seconds it sounds good to go, then just dies.

It's an 11hp B&S engine.

I don't know much about this kinda stuff, but I know it needs spark, fuel
and air to run. I know it's getting spark and I'm pretty sure it's

getting
gas, although I can't seem to find a fuel filter on this thing, so I'm not
sure of the condition of it. I've checked the air filter and it looks

good,
but perhaps the look of it can be deceiving??

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Brigitte

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and advice. I've determined that this
is more than I'm prepared to deal with at this time, since I'm also in the
process of moving to Colorado. I put the mower on Freecycle and have
someone coming to pick it up today.

As soon as this thing is gone I'll no longer be obsessed with this darned
thing.

Thanks again,
Brigitte