Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

Default Year 6 Ryobi weed trimmer report

On Thu, 18 May 2006 09:54:41 -0500, Rex B
wrote:
Eric R Snow wrote:

Last night I heard the death rattle from my beloved Ryobi 4 stroke
trimmer.

Eric! I'm surprised at you!
The ethic of the forums dictates - nay Commands! - that you disassemble
that engine, build the necessary parts (using superior metallurgy) on
your machine tools, TIG weld the damaged parts of the head, and return
that motor to it's former glory.

To toss it aside and buy a new one borders on sacrilege, and is an
insult to this group.

;-) Well, at least he should take a crack at it - pull the head and
see what really happened, and see if pieces are available.

Glad you found a replacement

And then he'll have a hot spare, as well as a batch of fresh pieces
for the string trimmer head, they tend to wear out the string feeding
mechanisms.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545