Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default mini diesel engines

On Thu, 18 May 2006 05:40:45 +0100, Peter Wiley wrote:
In article , Ignoramus10275
wrote:

Yeah, small diesels from Lombardini SUCK. I had one on a generator,
what a ****ing POS. Impossible to start in cold weather and
prohibitively loud. I am so happy to have gotten rid of that turd of a
generator.

Well, the one you had, maybe. But I've got a Yanmar 3HP air cooled
diesel with 2:1 F-N-R marine g/box on it and it's a gem. Don't write
off all small diesel engines simply because you had ONE bad one.

He isn't. He says, clearly, right up there about 10 lines, that he's
talking about a specific manufacturer, he's not writing off "all small
diesel engines".