Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Small Butane Soldering Torches?

CWLee wrote:
I've soldered for years with a Weller electric soldering
gun. Works fine. Sometimes I need to solder when I'm not
near 110 vac. I've tried a 12 vdc soldering iron and it was
useless. What experience/recommendations do you people have
about brands, models, styles, etc? My applications are
generally electrical/electronic, 10-20 gauge wire.

Thanks.

--
CWLee

I got a Radio Shack, older model with a red plastic case, came with a
bunch of tips including a hot air gun which helps a lot for
shrinkwrapping what you just soldered. I love the thing. I used to try
to use 12 volt irons to solder around my car, and they were never worth
diddly.