Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
alphonso

Default Saw Blade Teeth - Cold Saw Cutting Thin Wall Tubing

Alex wrote:
Hello -

We'll be cutting thin wall (16G, .062") 304 stainless steel tubing -
1" x 2" down to 5/8" square. We've got a new Kaltenbach KKS 400E.
With the stock blades (16"), the saw cuts at +/- 50 surface feet per
minute.
We'll be atomizing our coolant. Our primary objective is to
minimize
or eliminate burr.

How do you get 5/8" square out of 1x2 16 GA tube?

I was just wondering about that too ....

I believe what the OP meant was that he will be cutting a varity of sizes
of material rangeing from 1 x 2 to 5/8 square.
--
Remove "nospam" to get to me.