Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble

Default 20 year rising damp guarantee

wrote:

Well, I can bring you some good news. First the facts, which may come
as a surprise to you. It almost certainly isnt rising damp. The dpc
injection almost certainly made no difference, other than to a few
wallets. Its almost certainly a complete waste of time chasing the damp
company. And the good news? That most of these cases are solved by
learning how damp works and taking relatively simple remedial actions,
with no need to pay anyone for anything.

But you never enlighten us as to "how damp works", and many buildings
suffer this type of damage when all the obvious causes have been dealt with.
I think you have to face the fact that mortar degrades over time and
becomes porous in the process, so you either re-build the house (albeit
with lime mortar) or you compromise with some kind of treatment