Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default Small Butane Soldering Torches?

CWLee wrote:
I've soldered for years with a Weller electric soldering
gun. Works fine. Sometimes I need to solder when I'm not
near 110 vac. I've tried a 12 vdc soldering iron and it was
useless. What experience/recommendations do you people have
about brands, models, styles, etc? My applications are
generally electrical/electronic, 10-20 gauge wire.

Thanks.

Hi,
For 10 gauge wire and smaller, Weller dual Wattage gun should do good.
I have been soldering for ~50 years(mil-spec. certified). I always
cleanse my inside to prevent lead poisoning.