Posted to alt.home.repair
Brian V

Default Small Butane Soldering Torches?

"CWLee" wrote in message

I've soldered for years with a Weller electric soldering
gun. Works fine. Sometimes I need to solder when I'm not
near 110 vac. I've tried a 12 vdc soldering iron and it was
useless. What experience/recommendations do you people have
about brands, models, styles, etc? My applications are
generally electrical/electronic, 10-20 gauge wire.

Thanks.

I've got the Radio Shack model, works great on both wires and boards. It
comes with 2 tips, 1 small flame tip that I use for the wires and the
traditional needle tip for use on boards, terminals etc.

Well worth the 20$ investment.