Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design,sci.engr.joining.welding
StaticsJason

Default Made a first weld with PCTI three phase firing controller (photo)

That's pretty cool.

"Ignoramus19822" wrote in message
.. .
Here's the pictu

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Weld...r/dscf0255.jpg

The weld says "Thank you PCTI".

For those who missed my previous posts, I am redoing my welder using a
modern three phase firing system by PCTI. My hope is that this
controller would allow me to do constant current and constant voltage
welding (stick/TIG and MIG), as well as plasma cutting if I rewire my
transformer for higher voltage. (this rewiring would be done
dynamically by contactors)

Some pictures of the rectifier and controller are he

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Weld...r/dscf0255.jpg

Many thanks go to Glen from s.e.d., who gave me great advice
throughout.