Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH

Default A couple of quick questions

Mark L. wrote:
Greetings All,
I plan on using Hardiboard as a backer for bathroom tile and it will
sit on 3/4 plywood. What is used to bond the Hardiboard to the ply?

Nails and/or screws. Not a bad idea to bed it into thinset to fill any low
spots.

Also, the Hardiboard doesn't have tapered edges like Durock does, is
it ok to tape and mud the joints where the Hardiboard meets?

Personally, I wouldn't bother...the thinset used to bed the tiles will fill
any gap.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...