Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Wait

Default Making a handle and a shaft

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On 15 May 2006 13:09:04 -0700, Just Jim wrote:

Tom Wait wrote:

Nice little town, Bristol. I'll be there on July 8 shooting the

fireworks
for Progress Days.

Now theres a job I wouldn't mind having. At least in WI your average
joe can buy some neat bottle rockets and misc. crap like that. All they
gave us in Illinois were sparklers...

I've heard that the fireworks folks around here (Bartolatta's) will
train you so you can be on the crew. I've been doing the
firefighter/EMT thing for a long time, I wonder if that'd improve my
chances. Would be fun, if only once. Tom, who do you go through?

OH NO!! You've said the B word. Bartaxxxxx GAG Choke!!

I shoot for Melrose Pyrotechnics. We train you also. There's a mandatory
meeting in June for all newbies. There is equipment set up to demonstrate,
dummy shells, safety videos and a open book test. There are plenty of old
timers there to help the new folks. Crew assignments are made then. The main
operators usually shoot the same shows year to year and their crews for the
most part follow. When I get the meeting date I'll let you know.
Tom