Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Waldby

Default "Soldering and Brazing" by Tubal Cain

Robert Swinney wrote:
Dunno for sure, but overleaf from the title page of "The Model Engineer's
Handbook" is: "The right of Tubal Cain to be identified as the Author of
this work has been asserted by him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs
and Patents Rights Act of 1988." There is no mention of a pseudonym.

"Bob Chilcoat" ... wrote ...
Didn't T-Nut call himself Tubal Cain initially? Same guy? I know that
Tubal Cain is a secret Freemason name having to do with metalworking, so
there may be several who have used that handle, but who knows? I do miss
T-Nut.

Presumably Freemasonry picked the name up from the original, i.e.
Genesis 4:22: "Zillah bore Tubal-cain; he was the forger of all
instruments of bronze and iron." http://bible.cc/genesis/4-22.htm
also translates part of that as "the father of every maker of cutting
instruments of brass and iron" and "an instructer of every artificer
in brass and iron".
-jiw

"Joseph Gwinn" ... wrote ...
I just got and read "Soldering and Brazing" by Tubal Cain, which had
been recommended on RCM. It was very useful, and well worth the $13.00
(including shipping by Royal mail) it cost me.

Soldering and Brazing is #9 is a whole series of 33 practical books.
Wonder if they are all that good.