Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Wait

Default Making a handle and a shaft

"Just Jim" wrote in message
oups.com...

Tom Wait wrote:

Nice little town, Bristol. I'll be there on July 8 shooting the

fireworks
for Progress Days.
Tom

Now theres a job I wouldn't mind having.

It's the most fun you can have with you pants on. We're always looking for
more operators. If you can pass some scrutiny of your past, (background
check) and don't mind giving up a family holiday to work we can use you.
It's a lot of work setting up a show. Depending on the size of the show we
might start setting up anywhere from 9am to 5pm. unloading equipment digging
holes and loading. At showtime around 9:30 or 10 you bust your balls for
half an hour while being showered with flaming bits of shells and guns going
off inches from your body throwing up to 6" shells up 300-400 feet or
higher. It's noisy dirty potentially dangerous, if you do something stupid,
work, and I love it. I've been shooting for 18 years, my wife has been
shooting for fourteen. Once you've smelled the smoke you'll never be the
same.

At least in WI your average
joe can buy some neat bottle rockets and misc. crap like that. All they
gave us in Illinois were sparklers...

Once you've shot display fireworks the class C stuff isn't much fun any
more.
Tom