Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Default 20 year rising damp guarantee

dustie wrote:
So.... What should I do about this? I feel pretty stupid though that I've
left this too long and the treatment comapny (who are still in business) are
going to tell me to take a running jump and that the damage is too severe
now..!

Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news, but they were always going to
tell you to take a running jump. These companies *always* find a way
out of wriggling out of their guarantee. Out of interest, I once asked
on this newsgroup if anyone had *ever* heard of a DPC guarantee being
honoured, and the result was a resounding silence.

At least you don't need to blame yourself for having waited too long
before trying to claim...

David