Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Alex

Default Saw Blade Teeth - Cold Saw Cutting Thin Wall Tubing

Hello -

We'll be cutting thin wall (16G, .062") 304 stainless steel tubing - 1"
x 2" down to 5/8" square. We've got a new Kaltenbach KKS 400E. With
the stock blades (16"), the saw cuts at +/- 50 surface feet per minute.
We'll be atomizing our coolant. Our primary objective is to minimize
or eliminate burr.

Does anybody have experience with this? We're looking for advice on
what sort of saw blade to go with? We're mostly concerned with
number-of-teeth but would also like some feedback on grind (notch,
triple-chip, etc.) and kerf (thin or wide).

Thank you in advance for your help.

A.