Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default 2 gang switch in double box

In article ,
Christian McArdle wrote:
Most plate switches will fit in plaster depth (16mm) boxes - nasty
things. Grid switches require a deeper box - normally at least 25mm,
as do many dimmers. Hence I never use plaster depth boxes. ;-)

2 gang plaster depth are pretty unusual, though.

That maybe, but they exist. Pretty sure MK still list them.

The official grid ones are much deeper than standard 25mm ones.

I didn't know there was an official grid box for one and two gang - I
just use standard ones. Suppose the only real difference is grid ones will
have fixed lugs and to the sides only. Multi grid boxes would be specials,
though.

35mm deep is my usual choice for near anything as it gives plenty
clearance for cables without faffing about.

--
*Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.