Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default Where to buy sand bags?

"HeyBub" wrote in message
dean wrote:
I tried Lowes and HD. Anyone know where to get burlap sand bags
(typical army size I guess)?

Don't use burlap. The mesh is to coarse and the sand will wash out.

Use canvas. Better is plastic. Plastic takes up much less storage space
and is reusable (canvas rots).

You can get all you want from the postal service (for free). Must turn
inside-out.

Yeah, I'm gonna walk up to the teller at the post office and say " May I
please have 2 dozen of those used mail bags for free please" and wait for
them to say " where did you hear that we have those for the taking, from
some nut on the internet or something" The rest of that advice sounds good
though.

If it has been raining a lot lately (are you from MA or NH by chance today)
then you may be able to get a supply from your city works department with or
without sand already in them. Many cities hand them out to residents during
weather emergencies and sometimes in advance (so they may have them
anytime). Check your city webpage for an info phone number to find out.