Ian Stirling

Default What metal holds eraser in the pencil?

Harold & Susan Vordos wrote:

"alexkuzn" wrote in message
om...
There is a short metal tube sleeve of soft metal that holds eraser in
the pencil.

Does anyone know what exactly that metal is?
Is this kind of tubing available anywhere?

I've seen both aluminum and brass used. Don't have a clue where you'd buy
it in that configuration, though. It's most likely something made
specifically for the purpose by the manufacturers of pencils. You might
check out what is available in the way of thin walled tubing.

Steel with a brass colour is also something I've seen often.