Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

Default Making a handle and a shaft

On 15 May 2006 20:38:51 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On 15 May 2006 13:09:04 -0700, Just Jim wrote:

Tom Wait wrote:

Nice little town, Bristol. I'll be there on July 8 shooting the fireworks
for Progress Days.

Now theres a job I wouldn't mind having. At least in WI your average
joe can buy some neat bottle rockets and misc. crap like that. All they
gave us in Illinois were sparklers...

I've heard that the fireworks folks around here (Bartolatta's) will
train you so you can be on the crew. I've been doing the
firefighter/EMT thing for a long time, I wonder if that'd improve my
chances. Would be fun, if only once. Tom, who do you go through?

Would probably increase the chances a lot. I bet the insurance
companies like it when you have a few trained people on the crew to
handle problems, and if they can get people on each crew with an
Advanced FA or EMT I'll bet their Workers' Comp rates will go down.

At the least, it can't hurt to ask. If they don't have the
discount, they might be persuaded to invent it.

I've been back there while they are shooting by hand - but I also
know what type of mess a Low Burst shell can make, when it gets 10
feet out of the tube and the show charge goes off...

Thank you, but I think I'll stay a few hundred feet away and let
them use an electronic firing system.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545