Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default DONE OT proper way to kill a chicken

On Mon, 15 May 2006 15:32:21 -0700, Don Bruder
wrote:

In article ,
Gunner wrote:

On 15 May 2006 14:27:07 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Save the feet. Hang em up in a warm dry place..then paint the toenails
bright red Varnish well and make a set of earrings for your wife.

Hm. I've met his wife, and she doesn't seem like the kind who would
wear such earrings. In fact, I can't recall any woman I've met, ever,
who would wear earrings like that.

My mother actually had a set just made that way. She wore em to
parties that needed a little icebreaker.

Wow.

Mom was..unique.

Past-tense noted. Knowing you, she must have been a remarkable woman.
I mean that in the best possible way.

She was indeed. Graduated from Michigan Tech as an aeronautical
engineer. Dad had graduated from there as a civil engineer. (Both
were natives of the UP).

Ahhh... Transplanted Yoopers! That explains *EVERYTHING*!

(Personally, I'm a transplanted "Trooper" - Half Troll, ('cause I wuz
born "below da bridge") and half Yooper, 'cause I spent a big chunk o'
my early years eatin' pasties like they was goin' outta style, and
taking money from fudgies on Mack-a-traz Island )

Yall couldnt tell by my accent?.

We left Hancock when I was 9 or 10, but I spent most of my summers at
the Copper Harbor lighthouse or Great Grandma's house in Calumet, or
Grandma's house at Lac La Bel

Finally settled down in Grayling, where I spent the last 3-4 yrs of
high school and graduated. Dad quit the construction biz..went back to
watchmaking..owned a jewelry store there for nearly 30 yrs before he
retired, Mom worked various jobs, finally wound up as the head of the
county buiding inspectors department. Was the only woman building
commissioner for some years in the US..head of a bunch of code
organizations and whatnot.

Sister was some muckamuch for Detroit Edison, hazmat department head
or such. Ive seen pictures of her running bulldozers, welding on ****
and wearing dosimeters. She took a golden parachute..went on to be the
midwest regional director for EARS (emergency animal rescue..they have
a website), now does consultation work for DE atsome multiple of her
original rate, works cadaver dogs in disasters, charter member of
Second Amendment Sisters, is in several motorcycle riders
organizations and her boyfriend is a Shriner Motorcycle Team
rider..whatever they are called.

I had other priorities...shrug..so Im the blacksheep of the family,
eh?

Went into the green machine in 71..only been back a few times since
then.

Gunner

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33