CROQ

Default A warning to all OR... How I nearly burned down my studio without really trying

"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 09:04:26 GMT, someone who calls themselves "CROQ"
wrote:

Anyone else ever put an extinguisher on the floor near the

flammables?
Sort of a poor mans automatic fire suppressing bomb. Fire starts,

valve
melts, suppressant expended upward in a cloud that falls onto burning
chemicals... How about inside the flammables cabinet?

Go talk to your fire extinguisher supplier - they make special
little units just for that use, with a thermal trigger sprinkler head
instead of a manual squeeze handle. They hang upside down in the
protected space, and don't depend on the extinguisher head or cylinder
rupturing to work.

Saw one installed in the pit at the base of a gasoline pump, and
have seen them sold before - but I can't find a current example of one
to point you to.

-- Bruce --

Interesting.

Thanks,